Workplace problems and can be expensive, time consuming and an unwelcome distraction to your core business. If not dealt with properly, they can also harm staff morale and productivity, creating long terms problems even after the immediate issue has been resolved.
TJD Law can assist to prevent and resolve employment disputes by providing:
- Proactive assistance: drafting documents and delivering management training to help prevent disputes from arising in the first place.
- Support when it’s needed: advice and assistance in resolving workplace disputes, whether through informal communication; mediation; formal internal procedures, negotiation of a Settlement Agreement; or, if necessary, the defence of Employment Tribunal proceedings.
- Learning and Improving: de-brief sessions at the conclusion of a difficult matter to see if there are any lessons to be learned or steps that might be taken to mitigate the risk of the problem reoccurring.
We frequently advise on matters such as:
- Early problems & probation periods
- Misconduct & disciplinary proceedings
- Performance concerns & improvement plans
- Managing short term and long term sickness absence
- Dealing with stress, anxiety & depression
- Occupational health referrals and implementing medical recommendations
- The scope of ‘reasonable adjustments’ for disabled employees